If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to update your look, hair extensions are a great option.
Hair extensions come in a variety of styles, each designed to achieve specific aims or be utilized with specific hair types.
A variety of extensions are available to fit your needs, whether it’s the convenience of installation or the length of time they can be used.
One of the various options available to you is hot fusion hair extensions.
These long-lasting extensions won’t harm your hair and might assist you to achieve your ideal look quickly.
Here’s everything you need to know about hot fusion hair extensions before getting them done.
Pros and Cons of Hot Fusion Hair Extensions
- The bonding keratin adds appropriate volume and texture to our natural hair, making it a terrific approach to build fuller and healthier hair. You can add less or more hair to achieve the ideal look based on your preferences.
- Because keratin makes about 90% of your hair, the keratin glue is completely safe for your natural locks and scalp. Keratin is a safer alternative to traditional glue adhesive. In addition, the connection is imperceptible and long-lasting. When you use this extension, no one will be able to tell you’re wearing it. When the keratin dries, the attaching points are hidden.
- It is also ideal for coarse or long hair. It can grip securely on your strands and provide stunning volume and length because it is inserted strand by strand.
- Several hair manufacturers and suppliers have introduced hot fusion hair extensions with natural-looking colors. There’s no reason to be concerned about the bonds’ color discrepancies. When you touch it, the thin and silky connections provide a soothing sensation.
- This method may wear you out because it takes more than 3 hours to complete.
- When using the heating element, be careful not to burn your scalp. For a few days following application, you may suffer itching or pain.
- Keratin hair extensions cannot be reused.
Having your hot fusion hair extensions done by a qualified hairstylist is always recommended, as doing so yourself can cause serious harm to your hair.
- Your stylist will establish the proper placement of the extensions, then put each thread on your head and use a special instrument to heat the bonding material.
- There should be no pain during this procedure, simply a faint warm sensation while the bonding material melts.
- After that, the hairdresser will shape and mold the melted keratin into a flat, flawless result.
- The keratin will solidify and establish a sealed bond that can only be removed using a keratin removal formula.
- The procedure starts from the base of the skull and progresses up both sides and back. The connections will be hidden by your hair’s higher layers, which your hairdresser may combine and trim to make the extensions appear more natural.
- With careful maintenance, your hot fusion extensions will last for three to six months.
- Since your real hair will keep growing while the extensions are in position, you’ll need to contact your hairdresser every few weeks for touch-ups to have the extensions removed with a light-based liquid and reinstated near to the scalp, which gives more stability.
What happens After Installing Hot Fusion Hair Extensions? (Care & Maintenance)
Unfortunately, you may notice that your head hurts a little after the application procedure.
Some women experience scalp discomfort, which is common and usually occurs within the first few days after fusions are put.
It’s caused by the excess hair and attachments on your head. As a result, it may seem strange at first.
As a result, consider the first few days to be a little painful, particularly when sleeping. But don’t worry, this will just be for a short while.
- Sleeping with fusion hair extensions:
Putting your hair up before the night is a good habit to get into. Make pigtails or a high ponytail with your hair. That is the most suitable way to rest with fusion hair extensions and the finest way to go to sleep with extensions.
Don’t be concerned if you experience some pain when sleeping. The effects will be gone after the first wash, and you will become completely accustomed to them.
It’s a completely different feeling to go from routine washing to washing your hair with a full head of fusion extensions.
First and foremost, remember to wash your hair in the shower while standing up.
It’s not a good idea to bend over and twist your head upside down as it will make cleaning your hair more challenging and cause some tangles to occur.
Secondly, massage your scalp where there are no attachments with a modest bit of shampoo.
After that, work the remaining shampoo into your hair. Where the ties are, you don’t want to scrape too hard.
Your hair will get clean, so just get in the habit of not washing too hard. Finally, after washing the shampoo off, use the selected conditioner throughout your hair and thoroughly rinse it off.
After a wash, you’ll need some extra drying time to style your hair. Water can also destroy the adhesive and create matting, so you should never go to bed with damp hair.
You should dry your hair as soon as possible, and make sure it is totally dry. It’s possible that the drying procedure will take a long period. While you have fusion hair extensions in your hair, you should also be very cautious with the quantity of heat you apply.
It may be detrimental not only to the extensions but also to your real hair. When using heat styling equipment, be careful not to touch the bonds, since this might cause the keratin to heat up again and loosen.
If you are bored with your short hair and can’t wait for them to grow then hot fusion hair extensions are just right for you.
The best things about this kind of extension are how natural they look and the way they blend in with your real hair.