There are so many amazing components available that are best for your skin but there are also certain ingredients that target a specific problem on your face. But this holy grail” vitamin c” has been noted to be an all-rounder. Therefore let us understand in this article how to use vitamin c the right way for desired results.
What are Serums?
Before we get to a particular type of serum lets us understand what serums are.
The serum is a liquid skincare product that you can apply to your face after cleansing and after moisturizing. Many forums claim that you should use a serum before applying a moisturizer but according to many other resources, I say you should apply a moisturizer first then the serum because of its composition. It entirely depends on the texture of the serum. It helps to soothe the skin.
The Skin products that you apply should always be from low to high ph for better absorption. for example if you apply a product with a more complex texture and the light one, the previous product will make it impossible for the later product to be absorbed.
What does Vitamin-C Serum do to the Skin?
Vitamin c as we allow known as an antioxidant. The vitamin-C serum works as a potent antioxidant that neutralizes uncharged molecules that are generated in our body when it is exposed to pollution and UV rays. Uncharged molecules or radicals can cause a variety of serious problems and skin can lose its repairing ability and also slow down collagen function.
Benefits of Vitamin-C
- Anti-aging benefit: vitamin c composed serums increases the amount of collagen in the cells. Collagen is a structural protein that strengthens the skin and gives it elasticity. Increased collagen can reduce fine lines which are a sign of aging.
- Fight against hyperpigmentation: vitamin c fights hyperpigmentation by reducing the melanin production in the body.
- Reduces acne: exfoliate before using the serum on the skin.
- Removes acne scars: production of more collagen can result in lightening of acne scars
- Protects from UV rays: combine your sunscreen with your vitamin c serum in order to get a more refined skin texture with less tanning and less pore enlargement.
*LOOK FOR A VITAMIN C SERUM THAT IS COMBINED WITH ferulic acid.*
Types of Perfect Vitamin-c Serum?
- Skin Ceuticals formula: ferulic acid with vitamin c works brilliant
- Obagi serum: it comes in 3 different types of percentage(vitamin c concentration) for us to choose from- 10% 15% 20%. Once your skin builds up a tolerance for vitamin c you can go for a higher concentration.
- It is preferred to use a vitamin-C serum which has a concentration of 15%-30% and the rest depends on your skin.
- Always look for an airtight vitamin bottle as it can go bad quickly.
Steps to Apply Vitamin-C Perfectly
- Wash your face using face wash/exfoliate if acne-prone skin
- Use a toner
- Take a few drops of vitamin c serum and apply on your face, neck and pat the extra serum
- Apply moisturizer
- Then do not forget to apply your sunscreen.
And dear you’re all set to go outdoors apply makeup upon it.
This is your quick guide as to how to use vitamin c serum the right way. Tell us in the comments down below if you liked the article. Thank You