When we all talk about facial skin issues, what comes to our mind after some major annoying problem such as acne is whiteheads and blackheads. I don’t mean to say it’s not a major problem, what I mean is that it is stubborn, common and a complete eyesore to me!
In this article, I order to know how to get rid of whiteheads on the face, let us understand the various aspects of whiteheads, how and why they appear, their remedies, using both homemade and commercial products.
What are Whiteheads?
As per google search ‘Whiteheads, small, firm bumps that appear on the skin, are caused when the pores are clogged with oil.’
Yes, clogged pores are the reason that we all need to rush to the salon every month, get expensive clean-ups, face packs, and whatnot. Even after so much effort, money usage they are back again every other week. Below in this article, we shall know what to deal with these pesky little things.
What Causes Whiteheads?
Your pores can become blocked for several reasons. One cause of blocked pores is hormonal changes, which are common triggers of acne. Certain life stages can increase the amount of sebum, or oil, your pores produce. The increased oil production causes clogged pores and whiteheads.
Three main stages include:
Whiteheads can also appear in areas where you get a lot of friction, like on the chin from a chin-strap on athletic gear. Friction means the times when you consciously, unconsciously rub your face, touch your face. There are a lot of germs in the tip of our fingers, dirt and what not, all of these can result in enlargement of pores. Enlarged pores can lead to the absorption of more dust from surroundings resulting in clogged pores.
Where do Whiteheads Appear?
A whitehead can develop anywhere on your body. Especially the areas are collectively known as the T-zone. The T-zone of face include:
You may also develop whiteheads on
- Your chest
How to Preventing Whiteheads
Certain lifestyle changes can make a remarkable difference when it comes to making your skin better and healthier. if you wear makeup, consider using cosmetic brands that are noncomedogenic and oil-free. These products might be a better fit for people who are prone to acne because they don’t clog pores. That reduces the likelihood of acne, such as whiteheads. Use a mild cleanser to wash your face once a day using warm water. Make sure to pat your skin dry instead of scrubbing.
Misconceptions about Whiteheads
Understanding what can and can’t cause acne is important for getting rid of whiteheads. The following factors have little to no effect on acne:
- Excessive washing and scrubbing don’t prevent whiteheads.
- Dirt doesn’t cause acne.
- Washing your face too hard can irritate the skin and worsen existing acne.
- Greasy foods don’t cause acne.
Possible Complications of Whiteheads
The way you deal with whiteheads can affect the health of your skin. If you constantly pick at a whitehead, it’s more likely to become irritated and cause a scar. Once a scar occurs, while it can be improved, it will leave a mark on your skin.
Getting rid of whiteheads with home remedies and simple ways
According to many top rated sources, these are the top easily available ways that can work as a miracle rescue for your skin.
- Wash your face 2 to 3 times a day to keep oil away.
- Remember, aloe vera and tea tree are your closest friends.
- wipe your face using some cotton and alcohol-free toner
- Use rose water or cucumber
- Don’t skip the moisturizer
- Use sunscreen daily
- Drink plenty of water, eat fresh fruits and veggies
- Eat clean and include healthy fats – clove oil, avocados, fatty fish like tuna and salmon, nuts, and seeds.
- Vitamin c in lemons work on whiteheads and blackheads. apply lemon drops in morning
- Don’t pop them, you pop them and they spread as revenge leaving a mark on your face.
- Home ingredients such as as- neem leaves, turmeric, besan, egg whites, also the very famous apple cider vinegar.
A list of 5 best products that prove to effective on whiteheads:
Here is a list of products that you can add to your shopping list in order to achieve more healthy-looking and clear skin.
- The Foreo Luna2 delivers (face wash)
- ULTRAMUD (a clay mask)
- Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask(contains 10% sulfur)
- Colbert M.D. Intensify Facial Discs (scrub)
- Alba Botanica Acnedote (daily lotion, light in texture)
- Skinceuticals Retinol 1 (face cream)
- Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Unrefined Hemp Oil (made up of 57% linoleic acid)
- Panasonic EH-SA33-P Pink (a facial steamer)
Everyone knows how difficult it is to deal with something as tough as blackheads and whiteheads. Whiteheads alone can affect a lot of how you look. Having skin or fair skin is not the issue these days because of the routine and rush and pollution. Whiteheads and blackheads can be taken care of if one gives importance to personal hygiene, diet, work hours, sleep, and correct products. This was some information that we want to share on how to get rid of whiteheads on the face with you all. Tell us in the comments down below if any of them helped you out. Thank You.