Hi, ladies and gentlemen. Is today’s topic interesting and out of the box? Well, for me it is out of the box because two days before I had no idea that this was a legit thing.
I saw a video on youtube about a Chinese girl who lives in the mountains and builds things from scratch. Umm… I don’t know if e lives in the mountains but yeah all her videos are shot in the mountains.
I saw her making videos of dresses and several other cosmetics from natural and fresh things such as plants and flowers or bamboo etc. what a talent Jesus… what a talent!
But I am not useless either. I went online and googled it, and got to know a lot of ways in which we can make lip balms at home.
Why Homemade Lip Balm?
I know just like me there are many others out there who do not trust entirely the commercial products and their claims and like to opt for natural things as much as possible.
The cosmetic industry is expanding and the focus of the company is shifting towards more chemical-free cosmetics.
The world is becoming more and more aware of what’s good and sustainable. As the competition in the market is increasing companies are coming up with innovative ideas such as customizing your lip balm. There aren’t many but they do exist.
But let’s understand the basic steps as to how we can make lip balm at home
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoon beeswax, 2 tablespoon shea butter, 2 tablespoon coconut oil, ½ teaspoon lipsticks, Few drops of essential oil of your choice, an empty container, Plastic pipette (NOT NECESSARY), Double boiler, or (use a microwave), also use a spatula.
- NOW COMBINE ALL THE INGREDIENTS.
- TURN ON THE BOILER TO MEDIUM AND MIX ALL THE COMPONENTS AND PUT THEM IN THE MICROWAVE SO THAT THEY CAN MELT.
- KEEP STIRRING THEM TIME TO TIME TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING MELTS PROPERLY.
- TURN OFF THE BOILER OR TAKE IT OUT OF THE MICROWAVE BUT KEEP IT ON A CONTAINER OF BOILED WATER TO KEEP THE TEMPERATURE WARM, THEN ADD YOUR CHOICE OF SCENT OR ESSENTIAL OIL TO IT, 5-7 DROPS.
- KEEP THE MIXTURE WARM AND NOW ADD YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR TO IT(LIPSTICK).
- KEEP STIRRING IT
- ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED SPOON THE MIXTURE INTO A PIPETTE AND POUR YOUR LIP BALM INTO A CONTAINER AND LET IT COL DOWN.
- AFTER COOLING DOWN THE LIP BALM WILL SETTLE AND NOW, YAYYY YOU’RE ALL SET TO TRY OUT YOUR NEW LIP BALM.
This was a 2minute read article and one of the most accurate and less time-consuming ways of making your own customized lip balm.
And you know what you can also turn it into a business. yes, darlings, I know you can do it. Thank you and tell me down in the comments if this was helpful.