There are a few less fun side effects to remember in the midst of winter’s sweeping seasonal highs. Then there’s the onslaught of dry, itchy skin that’s set to stay for a long time which is why we need the best winter creams for face in specific.
Winter will cause your skin to become dry, itchy, and irritated. And it can feel like there’s no way out: the cold, windy weather outside can irritate your skin, while indoor heat dehydrates the air and your skin.
Even the pleasures of winter, such as sitting by a crackling fire, will dry out your skin, and then no matter how many beauty products you try, your skin is still gonna look flaky. While a hot shower may appear to be a good way to warm up, hot water actually dries out your skin by robbing it of its natural oils.
Some Winter Skincare Tips
- A humidifier in your home or workplace can help keep your skin hydrated by adding moisture to the dry winter air. In the rooms where you spend the most time, such as your den, use a humidifier.
- Increasing your daily fat intake can help with dry skin because there is a direct link between your stomach and skin health. Experts advise eating a diet high in walnuts, olive oil, and avocados, but they should not be used as a substitute for a good skin-care routine.
- It might be tempting to take a long, steamy shower, but a 5- to 10-minute lukewarm shower or bath is much healthier for your skin. When washing your face, you should also stop using too much hot water.
- Without any light exfoliation, no matter how many serums and creams are used, dry skin may remain dry. To remove the dead skin, use a gentle scrub containing mild glycolic or lactic acid. Two or three times a week, the expert recommends switching to a soft cleanser instead of the usual cleanser.
- Choose cream-based cleansers during the winter months, and use toners and astringents sparingly, if at all. Many astringents contain alcohol, which can cause your skin to become even drier.
- Avoid using products that contain alcohol or fragrances if your skin is dry and itchy. This will help your skin maintain its natural oils.
Top 6 Winter Creams For Face That Are Worth Trying
1. NIVEA Crème, all-purpose moisturizer
NIVEA Creme is a trusted formula that not only cares for but also protects your skin, keeping it safe and moisturised. It’s an all-purpose cream that everybody in the family will use, making it the ideal moisturiser for all seasons and face cream for extreme cold weather.
Using clean hands, scoop the product. To uniformly distribute it, rub it between your hands. Massage your face and body in a gentle manner. Use on a regular basis to keep your skin soft and smooth.
2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel has a special light-weighted fresh feel that can be instantly absorbed. It has been proven to efficiently lock in ample hydration deep within your skin while quenching your skin’s thirst during the day.
Works at a new skin depth that is 2 times deeper in the skin. It gives the skin an immediate boost of hydration and also protects against 5 aggressors by strengthening the skin barrier and giving a smooth finish which no concealer for dry skin can.
Smoothness, firmness, translucency, trouble-free skin, and plumpness are the five measurements of healthy skin that have been achieved with this cream. It is also the best face moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin.
3. Liquorice Cold Cream By VLCC
VLCC Cosmetics is a well-known cosmetics company. VLCC’s Liquorice Cold Cream is a must-have for dry and normal-skinned ladies this season.
This winter cream protects the skin against dryness and dullness by combining the benefits of saffron, aloe vera, jojoba oil, olive oil, Vitamin E, grape seed extracts, and rose petals.
It contains natural oils that moisturise the skin, as well as Vitamin E, which brightens the complexion. Thanks to its added SPF 20 sun protection, it’s a cold cream sunscreen that provides radiance, fairness, and sun protection.
Also Read: Best Concealers For Dry Skin
4. Pond’s Moisturizing Cold Cream
This is probably the oldest and the most OG winter creams for face ever. Every girl had this in teeny tiny sizes to fit in their pockets. Ponds is a great way to beat the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter.
This moisturising cream avoids dry skin by making it smooth and supple. It contains essential beauty oils and ten skin nutrients. The glycerin gives you softness on the inside and a healthy glow on the outside, and you’ll never have to think about dry lines or patches again!
After the Pond’s Moisturizing Cold Cream has worked its magic, you’ll want to touch your soft and smooth face!
5. Garnier Nourishing Cold Cream
if your skin is tight, dry, and uncomfortable Garnier Nourishing Cold Cream defends against harsh winter conditions as well as external aggressors such as wind and emissions, which dry out and weaken the skin.
It is more than just a simple moisturiser: it nourishes and protects skin against dryness for up to 24 hours. The rich formula deeply moisturises the skin, making it smooth and soothing any pain or tightness.
Its one-of-a-kind formula includes natural active ingredients including 100 per cent pure acacia honey, which is known for its hydro-fixing properties and helps to keep the skin moisturised.
6. Aroma Magic Cold Cream
Aroma Magic moisturisers and creams keep the skin looking young and balanced. During the winter, it deeply hydrates and moisturises your skin.
It also helps to alleviate dry, itchy skin while also making the skin look younger and smoother. This soothes and restores dry skin with essential oils of neroli and lavender and is suitable for all skin types.
It is enriched with cocoa and shea butter, aloe vera, glycerin, and sesame oil.
One of the most important steps in your daily skincare routine is moisturising. You must use the most appropriate cream or lotion to moisturise your skin, regardless of what kind of skin you have. It keeps the skin hydrated and smooth, supple, and relaxed.
There are many best foundations for dry skin that can make your skin look gorgeous but if you want to do that naturally, using winter creams on regular basis is the best option.
Everyone should make some changes in their skincare as the seasons shift. Winter creams for face are and should be must-haves in your skincare routine for winters. You can’t do with light moisturizers in winters.