The incredible magnetic powers of activated charcoal to draw out impurities & oil is getting it a claim to fame. From cleansers to clay masks, activated charcoal is becoming a reigning key ingredient in beauty products. Have you ever wondered WHY? If Yes, You’re at the right place to discover the benefits of charcoal face mask.
Before we dive into the benefits, let’s understand what activated charcoal exactly is.
What Is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is different from charcoal. It is heated at high temperatures to intensify its superpowers to eliminate dirt, impurities, and oil from your skin.
Now what? Probably, it’s time to learn what are the amazing benefits of charcoal face packs provided to your skin. Let’s dive in.
6 Incredible Benefits Of Charcoal Face Mask
Being part of best-selling skin care products is not easy. And, if charcoal is made through it, there must be some extraordinary benefits it possesses we don’t know of. And, for you my friend I’m going to uncover them all so that you get the skin you have always dreamed of. Keep reading & scrolling down the amazing benefits of the charcoal face mask.
1. Detoxify Your Skin
Toxins accumulation in the skin leads to dullness, dehydration, blackheads, and pimples, and acne problems. And, the best way to get rid of these all is to eliminate the toxins from your skin which activated charcoal is proficient at.
2. Balance Oil Production
Excessive oil production is one of the major problems that flare up acne, pimples, and blackheads. Activated charcoal doesn’t only tap out excess oil on the skin but also clams down the sebaceous gland to produce oil in moderation.
Isn’t it the #1 benefit of using a charcoal face mask you can’t wait to avail? For even greater results, also use cleanser for oily skin that helps to reduce oil production and mattify your skin all day long.
3. Great For Treating Acne
What breeds acne? Probably! Oil, dirt & impurities mix together to breed acne-causing bacteria. How about not letting them produce these pesky bacteria further? Well, for preventing your further acne and washing out the current one charcoal face mask can be beneficial.
4. Reduce Black & Whiteheads
Tiny bumps on the skin usually lead us to a pretty dance. Even though it’s little in size impacts massively on the appearance of skin. And, you can get out of this misery easily by using a charcoal face mask for acne, white & blackheads.
And, if you want to stay away from black & whiteheads forever, use face wash for blackheads that deep cleanse your skin pores, and prevent blowing up pesky little bumps.
5. Wipe Out Dead Skin Cells
Are you in search of healthy & glowing? It’s nowhere else but hidden behind the dead skin cells. Yes! Undrape them using a charcoal facial mask that effortlessly eliminates dead skin cells. Besides, if your skin demands massive nourishment, settle upon using the best face scrub for dry skin.
6. Treat Skin Inflammation
Skin inflammation is caused by factors like allergies, extensive dryness, and insect bite. Whatever the cause is, a charcoal face pack will help to get rid of it. Charcoal contains anti-bacterial & anti-inflammation properties that help to decrease redness & swelling on the skin.
Well, skin inflammation generally occurs on sensitive skin, if you face redness or irritation often use skincare, makeup, and face wash for sensitive skin.
Now you have learned all the incredible benefits of charcoal face mask for your skin. But, for availing these benefits, one thing you surely want to learn is how to make a charcoal mask and use it. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down, two easy charcoal mask recipes are waiting for you.
Best DIY Charcoal Mask Recipes You Need To Try
Fortunately, there is not only one set in stone to use a charcoal mask. I’m sharing the most effective charcoal face pack recipes with you. Despite that, there are various ways to use this miraculous ingredient.
1. Charcoal Clay Mask
For making this recipe, either you can use bentonite or kaolin clay. But, if your skin is dry kaolin clay for skin because it doesn’t dry out skin like bentonite clay.
How To Make Charcoal Clay Mask:
- Combine 1 tbsp charcoal powder, 1 tbsp of kaolin or bentonite clay, add 1 tbsp coconut oil & fresh lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well, and if it doesn’t mix well add some water into it.
- Clean your skin, and apply the charcoal paste all over your face & neck.
- Leave for 15 minutes or until it dries out completely.
- Use a cotton ball drenched in lukewarm water to remove it from your skin, and then wash off.
2. Charcoal Peel Off Mask
The satisfying videos of folks peeling off charcoal masks and showing their white & blackheads get off. Well, it’s true, I have used it myself, but if you have facial hair, only use it around your nose, forehead, and chin. Otherwise, you will hate me for sharing this recipe with grieving pain.
How To Make Charcoal Peel Off Mask:
- Combine 2 tbsp of activated charcoal & 1 tbsp of gelatin in a glass bowl.
- Boil water on gas.
- Hold the jar halfway into the boiling water, or use the microwave for melting it off. (10 seconds are enough for microwave)
- As it melts you get your homemade activated charcoal peel-off mask ready.
- Let it cool down, and meanwhile clean and scrub your face.
- Apply it on the nose, forehead, and chin and wait to get it completely dry.
- Now, get in front of the mirror and carefully start to peel the mask off, and enjoy seeing pesky little heads on the charcoal peel mask.
- A charcoal peel mask opens skin pores, so don’t forget to use non-alcoholic-based toner afterward. ( Dry skin folks can use rose water as an alternative, and whose skin produces extensive oil toner for oily skin works best for them.)
Conclusion: In this article, I have got you acquainted with the amazing benefits of charcoal face mask, and also shared the two most effective recipes for treating acne & blackheads.
Go head to Make activated charcoal mask your skin’s best friend and rejoice with clear & problem-free skin.