With those around me speaking about beauty benefits of a juice cleanse, doing it, and enthusiastically achieving it, it always seemed so appealing. One day for the faint-hearted, three days for those seeking a little more competition, and a cringe five to seven days for the brave and invincible.
With all of the excitement about juicing these days, you might be wondering if it’s worth it. For those who want to juice, there are pre-packeged juices, endless DIY recipes, and a plethora of choices.
Is anyone doing these cleanses and sipping juice at lunch because it’s the trendy thing to do, or because they hear it’s good for their bodies?
What is a Juice Cleanse?
Juice fasting, also known as juice cleansing, is a crash diet in which a person only drinks fruit and vegetable juices and avoids solid foods. It’s commonly used in detox diets and is used for detoxification as an alternative medicine procedure.
The diet lasts two to seven days and includes a variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as spices, that are not commonly found in juices sold or consumed in the average Western diet. Many people are doubtful about the health benefits of juice cleanses because they limit food groups and calories.
How To Do a Juice Cleanse?
Before The Cleanse:
- Allow your energy levels, metabolism, attitude, and digestive system to reset so you can live the healthiest and happiest life possible.
- To minimise possible detox symptoms and prepare your taste buds for your cleaning journey, we suggest starting with a 7-day pre-cleanse process.
- Pick your perfect Reset: choose a 1-5 day cleanse! For full nutrition, each day consists of 6-bottles of cold-pressed, organic goodness.
- Warm lemon water first thing in the morning is an excellent liver stimulant that kickstarts the detox process before you even take a drink of juice.
- Warm lemon water is a pre-cleanse, during-cleanse, and post-cleanse routine that we recommend for optimal health.
- Per 2 to 2.5 hours, drink a juice. You can depend on us. CONSISTENCY IS Important. If you skip your juices, you’ll definitely be hungry later and your blood sugar will crash.
- When it’s time for your next juice, even if you’re not hungry, drink it all up.
- check-in with yourself and see if you’re really hungry or whether you’re just missing the chewing sensation. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you eat a healthy snack before getting back on track with your juices.
- A tiny handful of almonds, an avocado, a green salad, a slice of fruit, or an avocado will not ruin all of your good work.
After The Cleanse:
- Take a moment after finishing your juice cleanse and appreciate what you’ve done for your mind and body: you nourished your body with 20 pounds of fresh produce per day, healing your body on a cellular level and elevating your wellbeing.
- Please keep in mind that your digestive system has been in a state of full rest as you reintroduce solid foods to your diet. Lots of vegetables and fruits only should be consumed in a couple of days following the cleanse.
- You have a rare opportunity to detect possible food allergens or sensitivities in the days following a cleanse. If you think you have a reaction to wheat, dairy, nuts, soy, or something else, gradually reintroduce these foods into your diet.
Top 5 Surprising Benefits of a Juice Cleanse For Skin
1. Hydrated Skin
More than half of the world’s population is dehydrated, consuming much less than the recommended 8.5 cups of water a day (by the European Hydration Institute). This is critical because even a 1% reduction in our body’s water content can have a detrimental impact on our body and skin.
Increased fluid intake during juice cleanses helps the body to work much more efficiently while also energising and detoxifying the whole system hence cleaning your skin in-process and giving it everything it needs.
It’s important to keep drinking water during the cleanse to stay hydrated and detoxified. This are the most common beauty benefits of a juice cleanse on our body
2. Reduces Inflammation
A plant-based diet combined with juice detox has been shown to substantially reduce inflammation in various studies. Toxic substances cause inflammation in the body. Some are found in processed foods, meat, dairy, and alcohol.
The skin can regenerate cells and detox by receiving the nutrients and vitamins it requires by taking a break from such toxins. Fresh juice is rich in antioxidants, which bind to free radicals and aid in skin healing and inflammation reduction.
Turmeric, ginger, and cayenne juices are particularly good for improving anti-inflammatory benefits and thus reducing and preventing puffiness on the face.
3. Gives you Smooth Skin
Our skin is nourished and smoothed by juices. It’s best to think about it this way: it’s like consuming pure nutrition. When people start drinking juice, they also notice that their skin is breaking out, but this is due to the fact that they are detoxing.
The detox begins with your skin. Many people may start eating healthy and then break out, but it’s all through their skin. That’s one way how our body toxins are released.
After the toxins leave our body, all we are left with is glowing, smooth, silky skin that everyone wishes for.
4. Has Anti-ageing Effects
Juice cleansing with foods like aloe vera, carrots, and others can help to reduce and slow the ageing process. It works to reduce any unnecessary skin irritations while also repairing the collagen in your skin to slow down the ageing process.
They’re high in Vitamin A, a potent antioxidant that helps to slow down the signs of ageing and avoid cell degeneration, which contributes to a youthful appearance.
Carrots are also high in Vitamin C, which aids in the production of collagen in the body. By detoxifying the liver and ridding it of contaminants, carrots and aloe vera will help keep acne at bay.
5. Gets Rid Of Dark Circles
Without taking supplements, juicing is a natural way to help reduce cortisol levels, which cause stress and anxiety. When you do a juice cleanse, you will increase the variety of nutrients your body gets.
Magnesium, for example, is abundant in leafy green vegetables, a soothing mineral that can help reduce stress and enhance sleep quality. A juice cleanses in conjunction with a retreat is the ideal way to combat depression and insomnia.
Many of the foods we eat, can lead to stress or disrupt our sleeping habits causing dark circles and droopy eyes.
It takes time to achieve flawless, radiant skin. However, by using the right ingredients in your everyday juice cleanse recipes, you can gain access to potent vitamins and nutrients that can help you achieve flawless skin from the inside out.
Fruits and vegetables can act as effective detoxifiers; removing toxins from the body, reducing inflammation, and clearing up skin problems amongst other beauty benefits of a juice cleanse. Combining your juice cleanse with an all-natural skincare routine will help you achieve the perfect glow.