We all are familiar with the term stretch marks and what causes them. our skin is a totally different phenomenon and has various abilities. The skin is a collection of tissues that can expand and contract as needed.
The rapid expansion of skin tissues can lead to stretch marks. When the middle layer of skin stretches too quickly, some of its collagen fibers can break. this allows underlying blood vessels to show through, leaving behind the telltale red or purplish marks. As these cells start healing they convert into a white or silver lining. They can be disfiguring in severe cases. Almost all women suffer from stretch marks and it can happen at any age. There are a lot of reasons that can cause these marks.
Why do you have stretch marks?
- Rapid Losing or gaining weight
- Breast enlargement surgery
There are many ways known to people about how to lighten stretch marks. But in this article, I will tell you about 5 natural remedies that I heard from my mother.
- Retinoids: retinoids or vitamin a, make your skin appear younger and smooth. Retinol has been used in a lot of cosmetics. Apart from cosmetics, you can improve your diet by adding more fruits and veggies that are rich in vitamin a.
- Sugar: Sugar scrub works excellent as an exfoliator, mix sugar and add lemon drops, use this 2-3 times a week. Exfoliation can help reduces the marks. You can also add a few drops of almond oil or coconut oil for moisturization.
- Aloe vera: There is no clinical evidence of aloe vera working on stretch marks but it is said the pure aloe gel can work on stretch marks. Aloe gel is a healing agent.
- Hyaluronic acid: Collagen level starts to decrease in your body as we age. Hyaluronic acid can be absorbed by consuming a capsule or extract, which boost the collagen in the body and result in a healthier-looking body.
- Coconut oil: We all know coconut oil for healing properties, applying virgin coconut on your stretch marks each day can help reduce the redness slowly and gradually. Coconut oil is almost safe for everyone.
There is no better solution than prevention. you should always keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water and using the proper moisturization method. You should also focus more on a proper diet. Involve more and more nutrients and vitamins in your diet and especially during your puberty.
There are several other, not so natural ways through which you can remove your stretch marks. But we shall discuss those in a different article. I hope this article was of help to you. Let us know in the comments down below.